POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PLC: Submission formats? : Re: Submission formats? Server Time
17 May 2024 20:08:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Submission formats?
From: Rune
Date: 17 May 2000 16:34:57
Message: <39230271@news.povray.org>
"Philippe Debar" wrote:
> Define admissible file formats (like : gif,
> png, zipped or not) and a maximum total file
> size and let author/designers take care of
> what they want to include or not. Write some
> guidelines (what currently are submission
> rules). This way no author could complain
> about too constraining rules but we will all
> take care of that when voting. Authors could
> choose for themselves if they want to follow
> the guidelines ("security") or if they
> prefer to "break the rules" to gain
> something else.

I don't agree. I think the voters should be able to compare the logos on the
same basis. They also should be able to see how the logo looks in certain
different formats so they can see how flexible it is and how it looks when
presented very simple.

> PS : added benefit : easier rule redaction,
> interpretation and less possible
> fuss/protestations.

There might be more possible fuss/protestations from the voters when they
can't compare the logos properly... ;-)

> Perhaps a rule about a max number of
> logo(s) by the same person.

Why should we have a max number of different logos per person? (We *are*
talking about *different* logos, right?) What purpose would it serve other
than suppressing creativity? I think it is in our interest to get as many
logos as possible. There maybe should be some restrictions, but they should
not be based on who has made the logos.

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated April 25: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,